Before you talk, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. -Lecrae
I’m of the firm belief we should think comma while living life. Use the pause button.
- Think before speaking. Listen to what is being said, don’t think about what you want to say while another is speaking. We miss so much by worrying about what we already know instead of of listening for new information.
- Does every action need a reaction? Maybe sometimes the best reaction is no reaction. Believe me, I’ve learned this lesson the hard way.
- How much work went into that person’s effort? How much emotion? How would you feel if the words were turned on you? Criticism is a creativity killer. Feedback can be given minus hurtful words. Pause before you criticize.
- Forgiveness isn’t about excusing another’s behavior, it’s about releasing that person’s power over you. Yes, another quote, but oh so true. Release the power and pray for healing. Feel the weight slip away.
- Never quit before you’ve given it all you’ve got. Sometimes we barely start before making an excuse to quit. Then we wonder “what if.” What if we started with “what if.”
I used to change my signature block quotes every month or so. This one has been in place for over a year. I look at it every day and think, “I should find something cuter, more eye catching.” Then I take a breath and think, “These are really great words to live by, a good daily reminder. Rhonda, don’t forget the comma.”